List of services
Services provided by JAAP Enterprise for Art Scientific Studies
- Painting research and project assistance
- Paint cross sections
- Argon ion polishing
- Thin sections
- Mass spectrometry
- X-ray tomography
Small selection of paintings studied
- The Art of Painting – Johannes Vermeer
- Woman in Blue Reading a Letter – Johannes Vermeer
- The Seagram murals – Mark Rothko
- The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp – Rembrandt van Rijn
Research and Project Assistance
Art Scientific Advise and Research can be requested from JAAP-Enterprise.com to perform paintings research and advanced analysis of paint cross sections. We assist in brainstorming and proposal writing and can review your research programs or laboratory set-up.
Since 2007 we have performed advanced analytical paint studies for Tate Modern London (Mark Rothko), Statens Museum for Kunst Copenhagen (Jordaens), Mauritshuis The Hague (Rembrandt), Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna (Vermeer), Rijksmuseum Amsterdam (Vermeer), Munch museum Oslo (Munch), Swiss Institute for Art Research Zurich (Amiet).
Various painting studies have been undertaken with restoration studios and private collectors. Questions on authenticity are also addressed.
Advice is given about the most suitable laboratory equipment for paintings studies. You can approach us for consulting on setting up a museum research laboratory.
New Service: Hirox KH-8700 Microscopy
- Have our expert visit your restoration studio or museum with our Hirox KH-8700 microscope with MOPAS XY-Stand for support of your painting studies.